As we head into 2023 and prepare for the start of our 4th $1,ooo Start-Ups Program, we are excited about the growth of our organization and the strengthening of the small business community. With the support of our donors, grantors, consortium members, partners, and customers of small businesses, we have accomplished and learned a great deal.
To continue the growth and momentum we are seeking an administrative assistant to join our team. If you or someone you know are looking to make a difference in your community, we invite you to apply or to share the posting with qualified candidates.
Job Description: Administrative Assistant
$1,000 Start-Ups is a dynamic and community-minded organization providing economic and re-entry opportunities for potential entrepreneurs from traditionally marginalized or at-risk communities with training and funding for low-cost business start-up, as well as resources and collaboration opportunities for existing small businesses. We are seeking an energetic and industrious administrative assistant with exceptional organizational and written and oral communication skills, the ability to multi-task and to learn new processes and applications.
At minimum, basic experience with Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, and/or digital file management is required. Familiarity and experience in email and other digital marketing, bookkeeping, and event planning are preferred.
This is a contract position at $20 per hour, up to 10 hours per week starting immediately.
Specific Responsibilities May Include:
- Document creation, formatting, editing, and proofreading
- Inbox management
- Data Entry
- Contact list and EMAIL list management
- Calendar and appointment management
- Data analysis
- Reporting and invoicing
- Presentation development
- Event planning or management
- Invoice preparation and payment reconciliation
- Composes, types, prepares, processes, files, copies, and/or transmits a variety of documents, which may include correspondence and notices
- Schedules appointments, maintains calendars, and facilities
- Researches and compiles data for reports and meetings.
- Organizes and maintains electronic files
- Performs a variety of routine clerical work as required which may include but are not limited to copying and filing documents, retrieving files, sending and receiving email, entering data, ordering office supplies, assembling/collating materials and preparing labels
Qualifications / Skills:
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills coupled with natural affinity for customer service
- Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
- Independent thinker with ability to work as part of a team
- Propensity to take initiative and for creative problem solving
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the way business is conducted.
To apply for this position, please send resume and letter of interest to Leah Ward-Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.