The $1,000 Start-Ups Program occurs once each year with a group of entrepreneurs with a vision for starting their own business. The curriculum provides education, resources, and support for entrepreneurship, financial management, and life skills offered at no cost to adults with up to $1,000 business start-up funding.
The Program is open to anyone over the age of eighteen. Candidates selected for the program must be able to support themselves, or have a means of support, for at least two years after launching their business.
Two weekly one hour meetings held virtually via Zoom.
$1,000 Start-Ups offers the training, tools, and coaching to provide what’s needed at each business stage, including:
- Making the decision to start a business
- Deciding what business is right for you
- How to minimize your financial investment
- How to build your brand
- How to market your business
- Registering you business and taxes
- How to operate profitably